GROOGR Help center
Last Updated: April 30, 2014
Personal Information Collected
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- From messages send and received: time, date, sender, recipient and number of interactions between you and your contacts.
- Log Information about your use of our websites, including your browser type and language, access times and pages viewed.
- Information about the device use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's native phonebook and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies, pixels, and local storage: Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits.
- From Other Sources, we may obtain information and combine that whit those collected through our Services.
Use of Information about you for various purposes
- Make Groogr Platform easier or faster to use;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Protect you, others and Groogr Inc.;
- Deliver, understand and improve advertising;
- Enable features and store information about you and your use of Groogr.
Groogr is based in Canada and the information we collect is governed by Canadian law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the Canada and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With users and others who view your profile, which includes your name, username, ID, profile pictures, gender and Networks contact information;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Groogr Inc., our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Groogr Inc. invites you to review and manage your personal account Privacy Settings and Tools.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Report Abusive or Offensive Content
If you receive a harassing message from a contact, please to report this person by copying and emailing us his link profile and message. Reports are confidential. After you submit a report to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll investigate the issue and decide the appropriate course of action.
Security Tips to keep your Account safe:
- 1. Pick a strong password: Use a combination of at least six numbers, letters, and punctuation marks (like ! and &)
- 2. Make sure all your applications accounts are secure
- 3. Log out of your Groogr account when you’re done
- 4. Install and run anti-virus software on your computer
- 5. Think before you click or download anything
- 6. Keep your profile information up to date
- 7. Clear the history browser after each use
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your profile but we do not delete any of your information. That way, it can be easily reactivate at some point in the future. You can deactivate your account on your account settings page.
When you delete your account, it is permanently deleted from Groogr platform. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. You can delete your account on your account settings page
Questions and Comments
Groogr Inc. welcomes comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions. Please send feedback to us by visiting http://groogr.com/support
We are at your service!